Konami has announced that Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner – Mars will release for Playstation 4 and Playstation VR on September 6th.
A remaster of the 2003 Playstation 2 third person hack and slash shooter, which saw a more recent 2012 HD release on PS3 and Xbox 360, this current gen-remaster boasts 4K visuals, and full VR support.
Per the press release, new modes and features include:
- Optional “Pro Mode” controller setup allows for faster selection of sub-weapons to help engage in rapid-fire combat
- “Very Easy” difficulty setting offers an alternative option for players who wish to enjoy the cinematic experience of the game’s story or are new to VR
- Various training modules and a mini-map
- Additional VR content for an even more captivating experience:
- 3D Hangar: Interact with Jehuty in VR
- 3D Model Viewer: Explore various refined 3D models in full 360 degrees
- Cinematic Theater: After completing the game, unlock the ability to re-watch any story sequence with the option to view cut-scenes in full VR
Expect a playable demo to be made available some time prior to launch.